Learn to Fire Like an Expert with Our Hands-On Firework Training & Experience
Do you have a passion for pyro? Ever wanted to see what really goes on behind-the-scenes at a professional firework display? Interested in becoming a firer yourself?
Here’s your chance.
Join us on one of our limited-space training events. Especially for people interested in working with us on our professional fireworks displays.
Book onto this course to meet the designers and display crew from Flashpoint Fireworks and see the techniques used in our displays.
You will learn the following:
• Risk assessment & site safety
• The different types of fireworks we use
• The difference between Category 3 & Category 4 fireworks
• Different firing techniques such as hand and electric firing
• PPE – Personal Protective Equipment
• Fusing Techniques – including hands on experience
• Display design and firing orders
• Site clearance after a display
If you’re interested in working on future events and displays, this training is the ideal introduction. Flashpoint Fireworks are members of the BPA (British Pyrotechnists Association) and the EIG (Explosive industry Group). All members of our display crew will be entered for their BPA examinations once they have conducted their preliminary in-house training.
Paul Cook talking through our days shedule
Paul Cook firing a roman candle with a new recruit
Paul Cook showing a different style of roman candle
Paul Cook showing the group some different fusing techniques
Ian Skilton showing how we fuse display shells
Jason Mayes showing the group different fuses burning
The Professional Firework Display Service
Use Flashpoint Fireworks for the best display and the best service. We dedicate hours to developing your perfect display, finding the best effects and materials for a show that’s streets ahead of anything you or your guests will have seen elsewhere. Listening carefully to your needs and applying our in-depth understanding of fireworks and the options available means we create stunning visual effects to take your breath away.
Before the display we…
• Carry out an in-depth kick-off meeting to discuss your needs and expectations •
• Conduct a venue site survey and full risk assessment •
• Design the full display in response to your brief •
• Liaise with the emergency services to keep them informed of your event •
On the day…
• A professional display team sets up the fireworks •
• The lead firer stays in touch with you and/or your venue •
• We carry out a final check to make sure all safety procedures are in place •
• We fire your display at the correct time •
After your display we…
• Carefully clear the site of all fireworks and rake the display site •
• Get in touch to discuss your display and hear your feedback •
• Send you a video of your display, if recorded •
Wedding FireworksHave you ever thought about lighting up the sky on your wedding night with a magical firework display that will certainly ensure lots of ‘oohs’ and ‘aahs’ from your family and friends? See Video.
Somerley House FireworksIf your dream is to inject a touch of English country vintage contact the Somerley House Weddings team on 01425 473621 and take a look at their venue. Don't forget to book a firework display for an amazing end to your special day.
Want to book a firework display?
Get in touch for a full quotation.
Flashpoint Fireworks Ltd: Winners of the British Musical Firework Championships
M E M B E R S O F